Sunday 2 February 2014

Phlegm - The Bestiary

Have just returned from Meat Mission on Hoxton Market. Quite the experience, and I can't help but feel that the name doesn't just come from the location.. I have been defeated by food. Saturday night was also a feasting extravaganza - classic songs, cheese and cordial (as opposed to cheese and wine - still going strong), the best way to spend an evening with a good friend!

Before feasting on Saturday night, we headed to Shoreditch for the opening night of an art installation by artist Phlegm, called The Bestiary. I'm not an art connoisseur by any means, I just spied some images from the exhibition on Twitter on Saturday afternoon and decided to go for a nosey!

Once there I found myself completely lost in the space, transported back to my childhood and unusual but fascinating illustrations in children's books. As we wandered around, I found myself almost creating a story; it was hypnotic. I wanted to share some of my images (all taken on my phone - not only am I not an art connoisseur, but I am also not a photographer) to give you a taste of it, but the best thing I can do is make a recommendation that you check it out for yourself as the images are not at all the same standing alone as the experience of being amongst them (and perhaps go to Meat Mission before or after the event for a feast so large you may not need to eat for a week afterwards!).












The Bestiary by Phlegm is on at the Howard Griffin Gallery, 189 Shoreditch High Street until 4th March.

No comments:

Post a Comment