Tuesday 20 January 2015

Liquicity

Almost 4 weeks into the new year and resolutions are going well; last night upon my return from choir I drank my Sleep Tea and read a chapter of my book and despite having a SEVEN WEEK stint between pay-days, I am somehow still clinging on to some funds! (Known to spend everything I have in the space of a week or two, believe me, 'clinging' is impressive)!

I've kept myself busy with little outings at the weekends, but have been careful not to over-do it so have had plenty of hibernation time as well!

However, perhaps not particularly restful was the weekend just gone which saw the arrival of my 'little' brother's 21st year (you know when your younger sibling reaches another milestone it just means you're moving ever closer to the next one yourself; scary!). On Friday night we headed to the first Liquicity event to reach London, and it was amazing!

I'm always a little nervous about going out on a Friday night having been up for so many hours beforehand! As such, I never expect to last beyond 1 or 2 and an additional hurdle by the name of 'Dry January' left me even less confident of my surviving than usual. Yet somehow I'm still here to tell the tale. (I had also been invited to join the birthday boy again the following night, but I think that might have been considered a little too wild in my 'old' age...)

On the other hand, Friday nights are actually the perfect time to go out as they mean two days of recovery and because the night is so far away from the morning, part of me always feels like it's another day in itself (just me?) and so extends my weekend; who's complaining?

I was good to myself and had a small 'lie-in' (I believe my alarm went off at quarter past 6 instead of quarter to) on the Friday morning, hoping that I'd feel super refreshed and ready to go!

A good day had at school (finally, they're settling back into routine!), my female companion (ok, that sounds dodgy, but I needed someone to keep me company otherwise it would have just been me amongst a group of boys. Ew.) arrived in plenty of time for girly chats, catch ups, cups of coffee and pizza before the birthday boy descended upon us. I felt ready!

The last Liquicity event the boys had been to was in Belgium, and all being HUGE fans of Belgian crowds, we weren't really sure what to expect from the Brits. Stood in the queue to get into Village Underground we overheard one [gentle]man exclaim that he was 'giddy with excitement', which I think was possibly the complete opposite extreme to what we were expecting at such an event in England! Having ripped said guy and his group of friends, he ended up losing them and spent his night desperately trying to mirror my brother's friend's expert dancing skills (too funny to watch). He sure was giddy, but he wasn't such a bad guy!

6 solid hours of dancing to Rameses B, Hugh Hardie, Fliwo, Champion & Maduk, with the occasional trip to the bar for water to re-fuel, my abs were ACHING the morning after (and even the morning after that actually - I should go dancing more often)! Village Underground was an incredible venue (mental note made), the crowd were generally pretty fun (you can tell we're starting to move in the same circles because there were even some familiar faces from the Med School night!) and most importantly my brother had an awesome night and I was in bed before 6am; a result for all I reckon!

Definitely be making an appearance again if Liquicity returns to London... I might even make my brother and his friends take me with them next time they head off to the continent!


(Photos stolen from Liquicity Facebook & Twitter pages. I was far too busy bouncing up, down and all around to take a decent picture!):
Photograph by Aron Klein for Here & Now - Facebook
Photograph by Aron Klein for Here & Now - Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment