Sunday 6 March 2016

Magical Lantern Festival

For once I was left utterly speechless as this weekend we made a visit to Chiswick House & Gardens for the Magical Lantern Festival; a celebration of Chinese New Year 2016 and the Year of the Monkey.

All there is to be said is that we were both mesmerised and completely blown away by light, illumination, colour, beauty, intricacy and sheer volume. I don't think when I donned a pair of heeled boots (as usual), I was expecting to be taking a two hour garden stroll but there was just so much to see! 

So sit back, and admire (I'll even spare you unnecessary captions for each and every one)...
























In the words of Samuel Johnson, 'When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life'. Another weekend incredibly well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment